The help() command
Reads the standard help file and displays the section X.Y For most environments the help is supplied in the file posgreen.fhpExample
help(file(fpos,settle))This reads the included help file and displays the "settle" section. This PosCommand is the equivalent of pressing the help button while on the End Of Day Screen.
help(main) or help()
Requests the POS to display a main help page that is somewhat context sensitive but also generic in nature.
When this command is issued a background request is made to Fieldpine web sites to fetch current help. As part of this request information is sent identifying the lane, this includes the following sort of information
- The User Interface in use
- The RmSystem and Unique Id (This identifies an exact lane so customised help can be provided)
- The current screen, system location and lane number.
- Teller id (number, not name)
- Version of POS
- Details of recent errors or warning displayed, again to allow context reactive help
Developer NotesThe called web page will have the HTTP query string with the following values:
- l = UniqueId of caller
- p = Version of POS passed as PLevel
- u = User Interface number
- a = HTTP port(s)
- r = RmSystem value
- b = Current Location Number